- This event has passed.
Concealed Carry Fundamentals – $99
September 5, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$99.00
Course Description and Philosophy
This is level one of three levels of handgun training courses we offer. Think of each of the three classes as beginner, intermediate and advanced. Although there is really no such thing as advanced training in my opinion, this works for simplicity’s sake. The word “advanced” when referring to a shooter is really just the result of that shooter mastering the fundamentals through repetition and training. We will talk more about this in the course.
We have designed this three-part handgun training program to build on your individual abilities in a natural progression. Think of it as building a house. A training house. In your carry permit or basic firearms safety course, you have identified a build site. Yourself! You want to build yourself into a safer gun owner and a better shooter to protect yourself and your loved ones.
This class is the first step and is the foundation of that house. It will focus on the next level of progression. How and where should I carry my gun? Is my equipment good enough? How do I get my gun out of the holster effectively while wearing it concealed and get rounds on target quickly and accurately? The standard will be two shots in 2 seconds at 5 to 7 yards. And YES! You CAN do that!
What you will need:
- A serviceable handgun with a minimum of 2 magazines
- Quality belt, holster, and magazine holder
- Eye and ear protection (Will be provided if you do not have your own)
- A hat is recommended but not required
- No open toed shoes
- 300 rounds of commercially manufactured ammunition (No reloads please)
- Sunscreen and bug spray are a good idea in the warmer months
- Water/Drinks and snacks or lunch. We will take a relatively short lunch break in order to maximize our training time. The range is in a remote location and options are limited so bringing a lunch is a good idea. There is a local deli that will provide a lunch if called in before 10am. The cost is about $12.
- Appropriate attire. This is a concealed carry class. You will need an over garment. We will also be shooting outdoors so dress for the conditions and weather.
The focus of this class is drawing from concealment, so the student should dress as he/she would in their day to day routine while carrying a handgun for personal protection. Don’t cheat yourself. Come to train like you would be required to perform in a gunfight.
This course is the next step in handgun skill development for the carry permit holder. It is intended for the gun owner who has attended the handgun carry permit course or any basic handgun course and desires to progress their skill set to the intermediate level. We will take a crawl, walk, run approach to the day, but each student should have a good understanding of the basic firearms safety rules.
- Treat every gun as if it is loaded.
- Always keep your gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Properly identify your target and its surroundings.
In this course the student will vastly improve their ability to draw a handgun from concealment and get rounds on target quickly. In addition to marksmanship fundamentals, we will discuss the survival mindset and reinforce the principles of defensive handgun shooting. The student will be drawing from concealment using a holster or purse and become more proficient in his or her weapon manipulation skills. Here we add stress through introducing time limits to the drills.
- The survival/combat mindset
- Situational awareness
- Threat identification and avoidance
- Developing a personal risk assessment
- Drawing your handgun from concealment
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Practical accuracy
- And much more…
Contact the instructor to register. email@example.com
You can also text him at: 931.383.9100
(Text your name, Sept 5th class, and an email address for a payable invoice via email)