Introduction: This course will provide students with the knowledge, skills and attitudes essential for avoiding dangerous confrontations and for the safe, effective and responsible use of a concealed pistol for self-defense.
Aim: To provide students with the knowledge, skills and attitudes that are essential for use in dangerous confrontations.
- Rules for Safe Gun Handling
- Essentials for Avoiding Dangerous Confrontations
- Safe, Effective and Responsible Use of a Concealed Pistol for Self-Defense
- Proper Mindset
- Presentation from Concealment
- Multiple Shooting Positions
- Essential Skills and Techniques Needed to Prevail in a Life-Threatening Encounter
Ammunition Requirements: 300 rounds of ammunition (not included)
Gear: Pistol, holster, three magazines, magazine holders, belt, wraparound eye protection, ear protection, rain gear, weapons cleaning kit, clothing appropriate for climate and conditions and a water bottle or other hydration system (not included).
Method: Classroom and practical application on the ranges.
Developed By: Elk River Training Facility Training Team
Skill Prerequisites: Tennessee Handgun Permit Carry Course
Number of attendees: Maximum 15
Duration: 1 day, (8 to 9 hours)
Course Cost: Members: $75.00 Non-Members $150.00
Certification: Elk River Certification of Completion